The Federal Small Business Program is designed to preserve
and enhance the country’s economic and national security interests. Small
businesses are one of the most productive means of expanding our sources of supplies
and services, as well as increasing competition.
Small businesses are encouraged to do business with the Department of Defense, which
is continuously seeking additional suppliers that fall within the following categories:
- Small businesses owned by socially and economically disadvantaged persons
- Small businesses owned by women
- Small businesses owned by veterans, including service-disabled veterans
- Small businesses that qualify as HUBZone
If you are a small business or educational institution and are interested in
providing services to DMEA, please contact:
Director of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization.
He will assist you by:
- Providing information on procurement procedures
- Disseminating your promotional literature within DMEA to offices and individuals
who make acquisition decisions.
DMEA’s Small Business utilization goal for fiscal year 2013 is 2.5% for prime contracting
and 72.32% for purchases under the simplified acquisition threshold.